Not everyone is as comfortable with staying indoors with nothing to do but sit around like I am. It can feel very claustrophobic for some people to be trapped indoors because of fear of getting sick or spreading the sickness around, so here’s a list of things that I’ve been preoccupied with between doing work for my newly transitioned online classes.
5. “Divinity: Original Sin 2” – Dungeons and Dragons just isn’t the same over an online connection. Thankfully, “Divinity: Original Sin 2” is pretty much the video game version of Dungeons and Dragons with about the same level of player choice and creativity. It’s currently $45 on steam and a great game to pick up alone or with friends.
4. “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” – I’ve never played an “Animal Crossing” game before, but it feels so satisfying to just pick up and play this relaxing town builder for an hour or so between activities and get lost in my own little slice of island paradise. It’s still a $60 game, but if you can afford it, it’s an excellent way to kill time.
3. “Minecraft” – I’d be surprised if you’ve never heard about the gaming sensation of the 2010s, but in case you haven’t, “Minecraft” is one of the most genuinely relaxing games with virtually limitless potential for exploration and creation. “Minecraft’s” simplistic art style and building mechanics make it very easy to play. Mechanics players spend hours getting lost in it, to say nothing of the endless modding capabilities. Both versions of the game are around $30 currently, with the windows version supporting cross-platform play across PC, console and even mobile phone.
2. Whatever that personal project you’ve been thinking about is – You know the one. That one thing you haven’t been giving enough attention because of school/ work and your personal life. Since all three of those are probably on hold for now, why don’t you take some time to work on those?
1. Go outside – Now yes, don’t go where people are, but there are plenty of places that are all but abandoned now that everyone is worried about getting the virus. If there isn’t anyone around to pass the virus to, then the virus can’t be passed on. You don’t even have to go out far to just enjoy the beautiful spring weather. It isn’t healthy to stay cooped up inside all day. Do yourself a favor and spend zero dollars on some good old-fashioned fresh air.